Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Riebeek Cellars Viognier



Name - Riebeek Cellars Viognier
Variety - 100 % Viognier
Region - Swartland
Country - South Africa
Year - 2015
Price - $12, Sale $8
Review - "This is a luscious viognier, featuring a deep yellow color, that explodes with juicy peach and honeysuckle flavors. Viognier can easily become flabby, but this one manages to keep its figure within bounds. I recommend this for immediate, lip-smacking enjoyment." -- Washington Post
My Review - A buttery smell on the nose accompanied by a floral perfume. This was an interesting wine and tasted very different than it smelled. Overwhelmed by lots of heat, I couldn't get much else from tasting this wine. A bitter taste also lingered in my mouth long after tasting. I would not recommend this wine.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment