Thursday, February 11, 2016

Tasting - Peter Mertes Platinum Riesling Magnum


Name - Peter Mertes Platinum Riesling Magnum
Variety - 100 % Riesling
Region - Rheinhessen
Country - Germany
Year - 2013
Price - $18, Sale $9.95
Winery Review - "Crafted in the well-respected Rheinhessen region of Germany, this quality Riesling is crisp, clean and easy drinking. Floral and fruit aromas suggest sweet melon and honey with enough acidity to ensure a beautifully balanced and versatile wine."
My Review - Delicious! The sweet smell of honey and apricots drew me in, while the crispness was very refreshing. Well-balanced flavors, paired with an unexpected dryness, added a dynamic element to this delicious Riesling. I liked it so much I bought a bottle!
I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment