Thursday, February 11, 2016

Tasting - El Cortijillo Tempranillo



Name - El Cortijillo Tempranillo
Variety - 100 % Tempranillo
Region - La Mancha
Country - Spain
Year - 2014
Price - $9, Sale $5.95
Critic Review - "Bright purple. High-pitched red berry and floral scents display good clarity and a hint of cracked pepper. Shows a touch of jamminess to its pliant black raspberry and cherry compote flavors, with a spicy quality adding vibrancy. Finishes with good focus and no obvious tannins, leaving a sweet berry note behind."  --  Stephen Tanzer, 88 Points
My Review - Initially on the nose, this wine gives off the enticing scent of s'mores. Smelling much sweeter than its taste, tart flavors of cranberry and cherry dance on my palate. The dryness of the wine leaves my mouth with a terrible finish - notes of latex and plastic in the aftertaste. Not the most appetizing flavors... I don't think I will drink this again.
I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment