Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tasting - Prime Brume Garganega



Name - Prime Brume Garganega
Variety - Soave
Region - Soave
Country - Italy
Year - 2014
Price - $11, Sale $7
Review - "Pale color. Fruity, floral minerally inviting aromas of passion fruit, white grapefruit, spice poached pear, and papaya with a lean, racy, bone-dry medium body and a smooth, complex, long lemon, passion fruit, raw hazelnut, and wet stones finish with no tannins and light oak. From the tantalizing nose full of exotic fruit, citrus and minerality thru to the long, crisp finish, this soave can seamlessly go from cocktail hour thru to vibrantly flavored dishes.    " -- Tastings.com, 91 Points
My Review - I was underwhelmed when I tried this wine. Offering a nice, sweet bouquet with a honey tinge gave me high hopes for this wine; however, I was underwhelmed when I tasted it. The wine fell flat and lacked body, and its heat component washed out any fruit flavors the wine had. This wine is overrated and I would pass if I saw it again.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment