Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tasting - Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah & Symphony Blend



Name - Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah  & Symphony Blend
Variety - Shiraz, Petite Syrah, and Symphony Blend
Region - California
Country - USA
Year - 2014
Price - $7
Winery Review - "Shiraz has a unique jammy fruit character that is well represented in the Sweet Red. Both on the nose and on the palate, jammy fruit, like strawberries, cherry pie and red licorice, entices the senses and pair well with cheeses and desserts."
My Review - This wine is the ultimate sleuth. On the nose, it smelled like an ordinary, dry red wine. However, once I tasted it, I was surprised at how sweet it was! It definitely smelled way less sweet than I expected. This tasty wine hits your tongue with sweet, sugary notes with a vanilla aftertaste. I really liked this wine and would drink it again!

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment