Saturday, April 2, 2016

Tasting - Escamas del Dragon Cabernet Sauvignon



Name - Escamas del Dragon Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety - 100 % Cabernet Sauvignon
Region - Valle Central
Country - Chile
Year - 2013
Price - $9
Winery Review - "The Andes, which run the length of Chile, are often referred to by Chileans as the 'Dragon's Spine', so we like to refer to our tough, sturdy vineyards at the base of the mountains as 'Escamas del Dragon', or 'Dragon Scales'. Appropriately, this layered and nuanced wine is full of flavor with ripe cherries, fresh plums, silky spice notes and fine tannins. Pairs magically with seared try-tip or garlic-seasoned chicken."
My Review - I'm not sure what dragon scales are supposed to taste like, so I was in for a surprise with this wine. It had booming aromas of fruit with some earthy and mineral notes. Very tannic and robust, this wine was bitter and dried out my mouth. I think this wine would be much better for someone with a more trained palate and not a beginner like myself.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment